The negative tendencies of dating:
1. Dating leads to intimacy but not necessarily to commitment.
2. Dating tends to skip the friendship part of a relationship.
3. Dating often mistakes a physical relationship for love.
4. Dating isolates a couple from other relationships.
5. Dating distracts young adults from their primary responsibility of preparing for the future.
6. Dating can cause discontentment with God’s gift of singleness.
7. Dating creates an artificial environment for evaluating one’s character.
Five attitude changes to help me avoid defective dating:
1. Every relationship is an opportunity to model Christ’s love.
2. My unmarried years are a gift from God.
3. Intimacy is the reward of commitment – I don’t need to pursue a romantic relationship before I’m ready for marriage.
4. I cannot “own” someone outside of marriage.
5. I would avoid situations that could compromise the purity of my body or mind.
Building a godly lifestyle:
1. Start with a clean state.
2. Make your parents your team mates.
3. Establish protective boundaries.
4. Check who’s whispering in your ear.
Three steps to maintain healthy friends with the opposite sex:
1. Understand the difference between friendship and intimacy.
2. Be inclusive, not exclusive.
3. Seek opportunities to serve, not to be entertained.
Three major sinful cravings:
The four stages towards marriage:
1. Casual friendship
2. Deeper friendship
3. Purposeful intimacy with integrity
Four things to keep in mind before a relationship:
1. Remember your relational responsibilities
2. Seek a deeper friendship
3. Watch, wait and pray
4. Define the relationship’s purpose