Writer . Editor . Author
As a Christian, I have sat through many relationships talk in churches. Boy girl relationship (BGR) talks in churches seem to be a very popular subject. Here’s what I’ve learnt over the many years:
1. Your relationship with God is the most important relationship of all.
2. To be married to someone is to go towards the same direction and purpose in life, despite being two different persons with differing lives.
3. Friendship is trust, respecting each others’ feelings and point of views.
4. Friendship is inclusive, not exclusive. Don’t ignore others.
5. I’m in a relationship not to be entertained but to serve.
6. Don’t look for fun when looking to be in a relationship. What culture might regard as fun and enjoyment is actually wickedness to God.
More to come after another relationships talk on 9 Oct…