As a self-confessed movie buff, I don’t consider myself a frequent visitor to the cinemas. Last year in 2013, I watched a total of 11 films, which is an average of less than one a month. The movies that I had anticipated for didn’t turn out to be very memorable ie. Man of Steel and Hunger Games, while the ones I usually would not watch turned out to be very good ie. Special ID and The Hobbit!
Die Hard 5 and Monsters University were completely unmemorable, while Percy Jackson 2 and Kick Ass 2 rank at the bottom of my list. I also did not include Don Jon, which I walked out after 10 minutes as quickly as I could finish my Carls Jr. whopper. Despicable Me 2, chosen because I had a free ticket, turned out to be ballistic thanks to the genius that is Pharrell Williams.
1. Die Hard 5 (Feb) – Queensbay, Penang
2. Iron Man 3 (May) – Plaza Singapura, Singapore
3. Monsters University (Jul) – Cathay Dhoby Ghaut, Singapore
4. Man of Steel (Jul) – GV Katong, Singapore
5. Despicable Me 2 (Jul) – Cathay Cineleisure, Singapore
6. Kick Ass 2 (Aug) – GV City Square Mall, Singapore
7. Percy Jackson 2 (Aug) – GV VivoCity, Singapore
8. Ilo Ilo (Oct) – Plaza Singapura, Singapore
9. Special ID (Nov) – Shaw LIDO, Singapore
10. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Nov) – Filmgarde Bugis+, Singapore
11. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Dec) – Village Cinemas Hobart, Australia